Setting off your home bar is the essential bar table. Whether you serve drinks to your friends from behind it or you use it as a focal point for your get-togethers, a great bar table is a must-buy. In this review article we cover budget-friendly purchases all the way up to the $500 mark – and when we say ‘budget-friendly’ we don’t mean ‘cheap’. We mean good value for money and a selection of good quality, popular tables that we love to recommend. All you have to do for the next few minutes is sit back and see which one captures your heart.
- 1 Kings Brand Furniture chrome finish bar table
- 2 Kings Brand Furniture Bar Table with two tempered glass shelves
- 3 Coaster Home Furnishings 101063 Contemporary Bar Table
- 4 Coaster Home Furnishings 100135 Contemporary Bar Unit
- 5 Kings Brand Furniture Bar table with glass doors
- 6 ioHomes Henley Freestanding Bar Table
- 7 Crosley outdoor rattan wicker bar table and stools
- 8 Coaster Contemporary Bar table with smoked acrylic front
- 9 WGX wood and metal bar table
- 10 Home Styles Americana Bar
Kings Brand Furniture chrome finish bar table
Starting with an entry level bar table with some great features and contemporary looks this black and chrome beauty adds a modern flair to your home bar setup. We love the interesting take on the shelving arrangement; they’ve taken a simple structure and added great visual appeal.
It took us a little under an hour to assemble this. We found the instructions quite vague and the parts weren’t labelled but it was simple to figure out. A common issue with the majority of bar tables is the lack of clear instructions but if you take your time you shouldn’t run into any difficulties.
The Kings Brand Furniture contemporary bar table sports three shelves and a wine rack that can hold three regular bottles. Ours was the smart black and chrome model; a white finish and a Sonoma oak finish are also available. The oak finish has a realistic wood grain effect which we really like the look of.
Once assembled this bar table measures 47.2″ x 15.7″ x 55.1″. It is a sturdy piece of bar furniture with a good weight to it and substantial feel that gives you confidence in using it!
No products found.
Kings Brand Furniture Bar Table with two tempered glass shelves
Our second bar table on test is our second from Kings Brand Furniture, the slightly more expensive model with longer shelves featuring smoky black tempered safety glass. It’s another winning bar table in our opinion, building on what made the previous model so popular and attractive. Here we have added storage space with more chrome accents and guard rails. You still have the wine bottle rack but now you also get a wine glass holder to further supplement this bar furniture’s practicality.
Weighing in at 50 lbs it’s no slouch, this is an amazingly sturdy bar table. Clever engineering has allowed the mass to be well distributed and makes the most of materials to give the consumer a fantastic model for the money. When it’s fully assembled it measures 47.2″ x 15.7″ x 40.9″, and yes the instructions are a bit on the slim side, but it’s a straightforward build that should take you around an hour to complete.
This is a beautiful, contemporary bar table that will suit any modern home bar layout and you will certainly appreciate its storage capacity.
- Kings Brand Furniture - Bar Table with Two Tempered Glass Shelves, Black
- This storage cart’s modern sleek glass, sturdy wood, and shiny chrome metal design will look great when put into your kitchen or dining room
- Its three large shelves, two smaller shelves and wine rack, give comfortable space to store food and drinks
- Dimensions: 47.2" x 15.7" x 40.9"
- Finish: Black/Chrome
Coaster Home Furnishings 101063 Contemporary Bar Table
Utilizing a similar design to the Kings Brand Furniture, Coaster Home Furnishing’s black bar table blends the great looks and functionality in a minimalist style that is worth your consideration. Instead of dividing the shelves, this model uses full length shelving; one of which is made of clear tempered glass. This weighs 70 lbs and is robust enough to last you many years. The chrome accented rails and wine glass, stemware, holders look amazing and polish up well. This bar table is also available in high gloss white so you do get a bit of choice in color schemes.
It took less than an hour to assemble with all the fittings and fixings included except for a Phillips head screwdriver. You do get the ubiquitous Allen / Hex key in the accessories. The Coaster bar table measures 22” x 6” x 51” and works well with up to four bar stools placed around it.
- Includes: One (1) bar unit
- Black high gloss lacquer finish
- Clear tempered glass shelf
- Chrome electroplated accents
- Built-in stemware rack
Coaster Home Furnishings 100135 Contemporary Bar Unit
You may be forgiven for thinking that Coaster Home Furnishings specialises in standard designs but just one glance at this unusual and eye-catching bar tables will set the record straight. The 100135 is a modular unit which can be supplemented with additional units to give you an impressive and ample bar area. It features a sturdy metal frame with a silver finish. The counter top is tempered, frosted glass that looks amazing and is easy to clean and strong enough to take quite a few bottles and a lot of elbows! The smoked, acrylic front really sets this bar table off. Its curved frontage bears a metal foot rest and stylish supports elevating it to a professional piece of bar furniture. It has two shelves, frosted glass deck and a stemware rack with room for more than six glasses.
It weighs just under 47 lbs and measures 33.25” x 20” x 62.75”. To make the build process as smooth as possible we recommend separating all the fixings and fittings and recognise them based on the instructions. You will soon find that as this starts to come together the Coaster bar table rapidly becomes a solid piece of furniture. And, once you start stocking it with bottles the Coaster bar table isn’t going anywhere!
- Includes: One (1) bar unit
- Heavy duty steel frame and footrest powder coated in silver
- Top-grade smoked acrylic panels
- Two (2) tiers of frosted tempered glass tops and two (2) frosted tempered glass shelves with safety guardrails
- Built-in stemware rack
Kings Brand Furniture Bar table with glass doors
Going for a more traditional look, the Kings Brand Furniture bar table really captures the essence of classic home bars while still adding a certain flair all its own. Using server console design cues this table features a healthy nine-bottle capacity, open wine rack that is practical as well as stylish. The two glass-fronted side cabinets have ample room to store wine glasses and other essential barware. Each cabinet has a movable shelf to help you accommodate your choice of contents. If you want to use them to store more bottles then you would need to take the shelves out completely.
Eschewing casters for solid legs we would advise building this close to where it will be used.
The Kings Bar Brand bar table is surprisingly easy to assemble and its body comprises real wood and MDF. It weighs nearly 57 lbs when fully assembled and measures 42” x 12” x 31”. It’s finished in a tasteful espresso brown.
- Kings Brand Furniture Espresso Finish Wood Wine Rack Buffet Server Console Table
- Store all of your wine in this stylish and practical wine rack. There is a generous open compartment for wine bottles, displayed neatly and safely
- Two additional side compartments with wood framed glass doors that can be used to store wine glasses, accessories, china, or decorative objects
- Dimensions:42"W x 12"D x 31"H
- Simple assembly required
ioHomes Henley Freestanding Bar Table
Maneuverability returns to bar tables thanks to this offering from ioHomes. It’s a fabulous espresso-finished design with unique twin six-bottle wine bottle storage columns making it look like a movable wine rack! The four-row stemware rack is well-placed for easy glass selection and is generously laid out to hold a wide variety of different shape glasses. There is a storage cabinet in the center and an open shelf above, which are both well thought out giving plenty of room for accessories and bar tools.
This bar table is built from MDF and covered in wood veneers which give it a good quality look. Thanks to its distinctive design the assembly process is straightforward and the instructions are clear too. It took us around 45 minutes to construct and it’s a good weight – some 80 lbs – and feels sturdy around its joints. It rolls well without sign of fragility which is a big plus. After all there is little point purchasing a portable bar table if you worry it will fall apart when it’s actually moved. The casters don’t lock but considering its initial weight and the increase once you’ve loaded it with some tasty spirits, the Henley Freestanding bar table won’t readily move.
It measures 43.3” x 35.9” x 15.8” once assembled. The manufacturer offers a no-quibbles policy for any damaged parts which we suspect you won’t ever have to use as we found the packing and parts to be top notch.
- Unique mobile bar table with multiple built-in storage areas and caster wheels
- Four stemware racks for hanging glasses; One open shelf and one storage cabinet below
- Twelve standard size wine bottle slots along sides
- Espresso finish; Constructed from sturdy MDF and wood veneers; ready-to-assemble
- Measures 43.31 inches wide by 15.75 inches deep by 35.9 inches high; 30-days hassle-free replacement parts warranty
Crosley outdoor rattan wicker bar table and stools
Preparing cocktails is popular outdoors too, of course, and our top choice of al fresco bar tables is this resin wicker option from Crosley. It’s built on a reliable steel frame and wrapped in a UV resistant resin rattan which is crucial to prevent sun damage, fading and to extend its life. The Crosley bar table looks great in your garden or yard and it’s wide enough to place more than the accompanying bar stools around it.
The bar table’s best feature for us is its generous serving area. You have useful storage space on the sturdy shelf too. Out of all the models in our review this has to be the easiest to assemble due to its classic shape. For around $60 you can get a glass countertop made which we think would be a nice touch.
It’s a good weight at 62 lbs but not so heavy that you can’t move it around your yard with relative ease. Fully assembled the bar table measures 40” x 24” x 42”.
- UV and fade resistant outdoor wicker
- Durable steel frame designed to last
- Easy to assemble
- Interior shelf holds your favorite outdoor barware and supplies
- Set includes wide serving bar and two stools
Coaster Contemporary Bar table with smoked acrylic front
Coaster does it again with a super stylish semi-circular fronted bar table. The contemporary design is a very cool black and chrome affair with a smoked transparent acrylic outer shell. This beautiful bar table has two large semicircular (demi-lune), shelves and a practical stemware rack. The heights of the shelves allow for full-size liquor bottles to be sat comfortably. There is enough room for three or four bar stools to be sited in front and the metal foot rest is a fun touch.
It measures 20” x 50.8” x 41” and weighs 73.6 lbs. This is one of the heaviest bar tables on review and considering it’s on legs (albeit very stylish ones) we recommend assembly where it’s going to be used.
We love this bar table. It’s such a gorgeous, sleek design that is really practical too. When you serve your guests there is a hidden shelf that only you can see. Here you can store special accessories and ingredients or some exciting surprises to wow your friends.
No products found.
WGX wood and metal bar table
You can always rely on WGX to come up with funky designs using unexpected combinations of wood and metal. Their bar table is a rare beast with industrial design elements, two chunky wood shelves, another for serving and these all supported on sturdy pipe work. It’s portable too being on casters and we were delighted to see that two of them are of the locking variety; no chance of you leaning against it and it rolling away!
When it comes to the build, the instructions are painless. WGX initially mistakenly shipped these without instructions much to a lot of buyers’ chagrin and despair. But, thankfully they rectified the issue and now you get a fine set of instructions with your purchase. The actual build takes around 45 minutes, in part due to the repetition of shelf layout and smaller number of parts. Make sure you put the locking casters on the front-facing wheels so you have easy access to unlock them. Its dimensions are 27.5” x 16” x 31.5”.
- 【Retro Style】:Rustic industrial pipe bar seving cart.Pipe and reclaimed real wood composition in vintage style.Storage and decorations.Wine Bar Cart Serving Table on 4 wheels(2-locking wheels)and handles.It can also be used outdoors
- 【Size】:Made from quality pipe and solid wood. Overall size:Length 27.5in x Depth16in x Height:31.5in.
- 【Widely Used】:Suitable for bedroom, living room, laundry room,office,kitchen pantry,garage, farmhouse,basement,above toilet.Perfectl y saves you space.
- 【Our commitment】:100% satisfaction guarantee, in case any problem or your are not satisfied, full refund or replacement for free guaranteed.
Home Styles Americana Bar
Our last bar table pushes the boat out a bit in terms of style and functionality (but understandably cost too). The Americana Bar table would not look out of place in a small hotel dining room and we felt like professional sommeliers standing behind it! It’s a solid piece of poplar hardwood finished in distressed oak veneers to give it that delightful antique appearance. The chamfered edges and carved timbers add to its up-market style.
The Home Styles bar table is a master in good organization and we were impressed with just how much it offered. Except for the countertop deck all of its storage is out of sight except to the person behind the bar! It features two static shelves and two adjustable shelves to give you flexibility in accommodating different height bottles or bar tools. There is a wooden stemware rack that safely holds up to six glasses. We are fans of the drawer and cabinet too; both are well made and easy to assemble without the typical home-improvement issue of sticking or difficulty in aligning hinges. The rustic elegance is accentuated by an antique brass foot rest.
The build takes about 90 minutes which is primarily due to the number of parts and complexity of the furniture. The camlock fixings have been known to confuse people but the solution is not to screw the connectors as tightly into the mounting holes. An alternative is to purchase some third party 15 mm x 16 mm cam connectors from a hardware store to replace the ones that come in the pack. It’s a sizable and weighty unit which measures 52” x 21” x 42” and would suit homes with a bit of extra space or home bar enthusiasts who enjoy the charm of warm, antique furniture.
- Constructed of poplar solids and oak veneers.
- Distressed oak finished top featuring worm holes, fly specking and small indentations.
- One door with cabinet storage, four shelves (two adjustable) and matching antiqued brass metal foot rest.
- Assembly required. Size: 52w 21d 42h.